• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you keep make what you built look like what is published?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im relitivly new here and am hoping that this is an obvious question, but I couldnt find an answer. 

Ive built a quiz and changed the layout and coloring from the typically flat grey, however what I see when building is different than what is in the preview or published.

For instance, one of the quiz questions is a matching quiz that looks like this:What I madeWhat I made

However what publishes is this:The way it publishesThe way it publishes

The text colors in the drop down are different, but I can make that work by inverting all the colors on the slide.

What I cant fix is that the connector lines have moved left, are now grey, the words are smaller on the yellow boxes and the words moved up in the black boxes. I played around with Shift+F7 options but it only changed some of the boxes and not others and diddnt fix the issue. 

Is there a way to make it so that what I see when I am building is actually what publishes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

I have removed the slide and changed the type of question so that it does not look like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lot of information lacking.  However if this is a non-responsive project, the only Preview which creates a temporary HTML folder is Preview HTML in Browser (F11).

Messing up quiz slides can be very dangerous if you don't know that you shouild never touch the embedded objects. As for the connector lines in the Matching question that is an old pain: you cannot edit thoe colors.

Contrary to SWF which had a standardized Flash Player over all browsers. HTML5 output has no standarisation and that makes look the output different depending on the browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information about the connector lines. 

Im sorry if information is lacking, if there is something specific that would assist I would be happy to provide it. I am using Captivate 2019 v 11.5.1

The images posted are from a preview and the preview looks the same as what is published. I uploaded using the same SWF options the way that I have in the past, however this was the first time that I changed the way that the standard slides looked. The course functions properly but does not look the way that I intended it to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still publishing to SWF? Sorry, I was talking about HTML output. So it is a non-responsive project. 

For quiz slides: please edit the design of the quizzing master slide. Do not delete embedded objects, which are the objects without indificual timeline. Screenshots do not show the complete slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have removed the slide and changed the type of question so that it does not look like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources