• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you pause the main slide audio if you have pop-ups on the slide that also contain audio?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a slide with a few hypertext links for some technical terms that need to be defined for the learner. I have designed it so "pop-up" text boxes with the defnitions appear when they click the links for the terms. However, I want audio narration on the main slide as well as for the pop-up text (I have embedded audio into the text boxes of each pop-up). What is the best way to pause the main slide audio when you click on the links with these pop-ups so that you don't have dual audio tracks running at once? Obviously, I want the pop-up audio to play when they click on the link for that pop-up. Then, when they click a Close button that I have also set up for each pop-up, the pop-up should close and the main slide audio should resume from where it left off. 

So right now, I have advanced actions for each of the popup links that includes a Show command for the popup as well as the close button for that popup. And then on the flipside I have an advanced action for each pop-up that also has a Hide command for that pop-up and the associated close button that is activated by the close button for the pop-up. 

How can I integrate an audio pause/play situation like I described above into this design so that:

1. The main slide audio is paused when they click on a pop-up link; and 

2. The main slide audio resumes when they click on the Close button for each of the pop-ups. 

Thanks in advance! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With buttons/click boxes you can pause the slide audio, but that is not possible with hyperlinks. Are you ready to replace the hyperlinks by a button or a click box?

More info:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/06/pausing-timeline-audio-clips/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll try the button method. How would I set that up to work as described above? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have anything more to add to this? 

I am willing to use a button for the pop-ups that have their own audio clips. 

I want the main slide audio to pause when they click on a pop-up button (which will play its own audio), and then I want the main slide audio to resume where it left off when they close the pop-up (and also want the pop-up audio to stop playing at that point, naturally). 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include detailed instructions for how to set up what I want, if possible! 

Thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but that is a bridge too far. You got all the information needed, including link to a blog. Now you expect me to explain step-by-step how to create your slide? A forum is meant to help solving problems, not a free consultancy platform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry. I must say, you guys are a little saltier over here than on E-Learning heroes. Of course, most of the master users over there are staff so they have to be! LOL I guess you guys are not on the payroll, eh? LOL

Thanks for all the help you've provided so far. It is appreciated! Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources