• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you reorder an object style in the style list?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made many custom Smart Shape styles. They seem to be listed in chronological order, so when you want to apply a style to a shape, the list of styles in the Properties pane seems very random. Does anyone know how to reorder them? I've searched in the Object Style Manager and can't find anything like an arrow button to do so. Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is simply  not possible, not even the filtering which works in many dropdown lists is available.

Keep the most used styles as Default styles. Many users believe you shouldn't override those styles but if you create a custom theme it is recommended (in my mind, beware many authors claim the opposite).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is another one of many areas in Captivate that badly need updating.  In this day and age there is really no excuse for some of the very inconsistent list sorting you see in Captivate.

Please log an enhancement request using the Adobe Enhancement/Bug reporting form.

Adobe Captivate BUG REPORT FORM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources