Highlighted

How do you turn off the flashing cursor in text entry boxes?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a text-entry box in an interactive quiz question. It features a form that employees need to be able to fill in properly. They need to know which box to enter a dollar amount in, and I am using a text entry box with the correct dollar amount as the correct answer. However, even though I made the text entry box white to blend in with the form, when I previewed the slide, there is a flashing cursor. I do not want this as the whole point is for the employees to know where to fill the information in on the form, and I do not want to give away the answer with a flashing cursor. 

How do you turn this feature off so that there is no cursor in the text entry box? 

If this is impossible, any other suggestions?

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do you turn off the flashing cursor in text entry boxes?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a text-entry box in an interactive quiz question. It features a form that employees need to be able to fill in properly. They need to know which box to enter a dollar amount in, and I am using a text entry box with the correct dollar amount as the correct answer. However, even though I made the text entry box white to blend in with the form, when I previewed the slide, there is a flashing cursor. I do not want this as the whole point is for the employees to know where to fill the information in on the form, and I do not want to give away the answer with a flashing cursor. 

How do you turn this feature off so that there is no cursor in the text entry box? 

If this is impossible, any other suggestions?

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use a Scrolling Text interaction? Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/scrolling-text-interaction-to-replace-text-entry-box

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not start with a slide that contains a click box over the field that they could use to fill in the information? If they click on the right one you bring them to an identical-looking slide that only then contains the text entry box for them to enter the value. If they click outside the click-box on the first slide you can give them an incorrect caption.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can execute this JavaScript on slide enter:

setTimeout( function() {document.getElementById("Text_Entry_Box_1_inputField").style.caretColor="transparent"},0100);

Just change the name of the bold text to the name of your text entry:

"Text_Entry_Box_1_inputField"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0