• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does image drag&drop work?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not much expertise with D&D here, so this is a basic question: I'm trying to implement a drag&drop interaction in Captivate 9 that uses images, which I understand should be supported.  However, after I imported two small images as rollovers and created two drop targets using shapes, I got stuck in the drag&drop wizard because it just won't let me select the images as drop sources.  When testing this with only one image and drop target, I even get a note that at least two objects are required, so the image is not recognized as a target.  What do I need to do differently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Are you on the most recent version of 9 which is 9.0.2?

What do you mean by 'images as rollovers'? You can perfectly use images as drag sources, but they have to be normal images, not rollover images (which are not supported for HTML output).

Persoally I never use the wizard, but start immediately from the D&D panel. Use the+ sign to add an interaction. Select the drag sources and indicate them as being drag sources. Is that working?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the most recent version of 9 which is 9.0.2?

What do you mean by 'images as rollovers'? You can perfectly use images as drag sources, but they have to be normal images, not rollover images (which are not supported for HTML output).

Persoally I never use the wizard, but start immediately from the D&D panel. Use the+ sign to add an interaction. Select the drag sources and indicate them as being drag sources. Is that working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - you implicitly already answered my question by pointing me to what I was doing wrong: I inserted the images as Objects -> Rollover Image but should have used Media -> Image.  Works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, they have to be normal images as I pointed out. Moreover they need to be available from the first frame of the slide. I have a lot of blog posts about Drag@Drop functionality.. Here is one link:

This one was created for CP9,

Drag&Drop in 2016 with Captivate 9 - Captivate blog

SInce the example tutorial in that blog post is SWF which whas the standard at that moment, you'll need a browser with Flash Player enabled to view the tutorial. I created a HTML version in the eLearning community:

Built in States for Drag&Drop objects - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources