Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add "Skip" button for Drag and Drop question

Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Drag and Drop question slide and under Drag and Drop > Actions, there are options to add and "Undo" and "Reset" button. But there is no option to add a "Skip" button as you can with normal question slides.

How can I add a "Skip" button for a Drag and Drop question? Am I stuck with trying to exactly recreate the font/style of the "Submit" button in order to have a consistent "Skip" button?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Personally I never allow Skip even on normal quiz slides.  D&D slides are not totally the same as the default SCORM type of question slides. I have published several blogs to have them look more like question slides, but never talked about the Skip button. It has nothing to do with the style of the Submit button at all. Skip means that the learner is not taking that question. The Submit button mostly is of the type 'Transparent button'.  You can add a button of the same type and use the Quiz but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I never allow Skip even on normal quiz slides.  D&D slides are not totally the same as the default SCORM type of question slides. I have published several blogs to have them look more like question slides, but never talked about the Skip button. It has nothing to do with the style of the Submit button at all. Skip means that the learner is not taking that question. The Submit button mostly is of the type 'Transparent button'.  You can add a button of the same type and use the Quiz button default style. The action for that button is simple 'Go to Next Slide' which is the default style of any new button. 

What is exactly the problem?  If you have a playbar, just clicking the Forward button is also leading to skipping the question. I am smiling, because once I wrote this blog, which is quite the contrary from your question:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/prevent-skipping-on-drag-and-drop-quiz-slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding a button and selecting the "[Default Quiz Button Style]" is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you.

Funnily enough, your article is one of the top results when I search for this question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources