Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add visited state to a button?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm a beginner at Captivate. I'm using Captivate 2019.

I keep seeing that I have to add an advanced action to Captivate so that my buttons can have visited states. I have no idea what this means other than Project --> Advanced Actions. What do I do afterwards?  I already have my buttons made.

There are 2 different modes for each button: Coloured and Black and White

Original state is black and white, once it's hovered over it goes to the coloured version of the image (this I was able to do). Once it's been clicked I want the coloured version however I don't know how to do this.

If anyone can please provide guidance or a video on how to do this I would appreciate it. 

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Warning to a new user from an experienced one: do NOT believe all free information you find everywhere. No one is curating that information, not only may it be outdated but sometimes it is even wrong.

You do NOT need advanced actions to create/use a Visited state. It is an InBuilt state for interactive objects like buttons. InBuilt means that the state appears in a certain situation (Rollover, Down, InBuilt). It is there since a couple of version, so since you are on 11.5 or 11.0 you are sure to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning to a new user from an experienced one: do NOT believe all free information you find everywhere. No one is curating that information, not only may it be outdated but sometimes it is even wrong.

You do NOT need advanced actions to create/use a Visited state. It is an InBuilt state for interactive objects like buttons. InBuilt means that the state appears in a certain situation (Rollover, Down, InBuilt). It is there since a couple of version, so since you are on 11.5 or 11.0 you are sure to have it.

However the Visited state is NOT included in the object style as are the other states. You have to create it. Open the Object State panel, click New state, keep the default 'InBuilt' type and you will see the Visited state, which you can style as you wish.

Visited state will appear when the button has been clicked. If you want to keep it when leaving the slide and revisiting it, check the option 'Retain state....in the Properties panel of the button.

More information in this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/about-state-commands-and-a-progress-bar

If you have time, take also a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/challenges-for-starters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had done all of that except checking the retained state. I didn't realize it was so simple.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens all the time, overlooking very simple solutions. One of the reasons is that everyone seems to search 'wisdom' in videos which very often only cover some step-by-step workflow and overlooking essential information to understand the WHY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources