Highlighted

How to apply master slide on question pool

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Captivate folks

I got a new problem regarding question pool. I have design and set up the master slide to apply on all question pool but it can be applied on the first question, not all. Try to find out how to apply it all on community and youtube but no relevant issue can be found (maybe I searched for incorrect information). Is there any way for me to apply the master slide to ALL question pool without having to re-insert and make question pools again. Thanks for your all recommendation.

Below is my screenshot for more explanation:

clipboard_image_0.png

My designed and setup master slide on question pool

clipboard_image_1.png

Only the first question has been applied but not for others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to apply master slide on question pool

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Captivate folks

I got a new problem regarding question pool. I have design and set up the master slide to apply on all question pool but it can be applied on the first question, not all. Try to find out how to apply it all on community and youtube but no relevant issue can be found (maybe I searched for incorrect information). Is there any way for me to apply the master slide to ALL question pool without having to re-insert and make question pools again. Thanks for your all recommendation.

Below is my screenshot for more explanation:

clipboard_image_0.png

My designed and setup master slide on question pool

clipboard_image_1.png

Only the first question has been applied but not for others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming here that you have already published to your preferred output and tested this from a web server or LMS before assuming that the questions will not have the correct Master Slide?

Make sure also that the Master Slide you designed for these questions is actually the one selected for each question slide in the Properties tab. 

If it is the correct Master Slide but you are not seeing the formatting as you expect, try selecting each question found in the pool and then click the Reset Master Slide button shown in the Properties tab.  That should reset the question slide to the currently selected Master Slide.  

Looking at your screenshots it would seem that only minor things are missing.  Have you checked that each question has the same optional elements selected (e.g. the Incomplete check box that makes the callout appear if the learner clicks Submit before selecting any answer).  Perhaps the issue is not related to the Master Slide at all.

Also be aware that different types of quiz slides use different Master Slides.  You can use the same Master Slide for True/False questions and for Multiple Choice / Multiple Answer questions.  But you cannot use the same Master Slide for Multiple Choice questions and Matching questions or Hot Spot questions.  You would need to separately format the Master Slides for each type of question.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to Rod's answer few tips: did you clone a Quizzing Master slide to edit it, or did you edit the original Master slide (in that case Reset Master slide would work). If you had a cloned Master slide, how did you try to apply it: by selecting all quiz slides in the pool and applying that master slide instead of the origina one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2019 0