• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid the double play button?

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an intro video for all my training. I am now using Captivate 2019, latest version. So now there is a play button when I launch the Captivate course. But since I have it open with a video, I get another play button. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Betsy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

What I do with my courses is to make the opening play button a little more palpable by giving it a great appearance. Check out this video here.

Adobe Captivate - Get Rid of Blank Project Startup - YouTube

Also, depending on how you add the video to your project you can have it automatically start. I recommend Slide Video, which will start immediately when applied to your first slide. Here are a couple of videos where I explain the advantage of each video type.

Slide Video for Your Captivate eLearning - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do with my courses is to make the opening play button a little more palpable by giving it a great appearance. Check out this video here.

Adobe Captivate - Get Rid of Blank Project Startup - YouTube

Also, depending on how you add the video to your project you can have it automatically start. I recommend Slide Video, which will start immediately when applied to your first slide. Here are a couple of videos where I explain the advantage of each video type.

Slide Video for Your Captivate eLearning - YouTube​

Event Video for Your Captivate eLearning - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did work for me. Thank you so much! I had already watched your video about the play button and how to change it and also put in the thumbnail and it was helpful as well. Changing the video to slide was what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Melvin,

There are two type of video,  Event Video and Slide Video.

See image of Event Video. With Skin and Without

Eventvideo.png

Now you see the control in the event video with haloskin, when you click on the video during preview the control will show up.

As you can there are two control. You only need one. image2 is in HTML5 in Browser.

see image2

video3.png

To Hide  the top Video Control in the Properties tab in the Skin dropdown select -->  Skin: None

The other control is under the menu  Project --> Skin Editor  (Shift+F11)

You can also create you own navigation.

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply. Will keep this in mind for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third answer, and I am afraid you will be very confused. Sorry, but felt compelled to do so as moderato.  I would like to know how you inserted the Intro video: as event video or as slide video. I know this has already been mentioned by Luis but your problem can happen for both type of videos if I understand your question well.  You are not talking about consuion between the default playbar and the video control panel in case of event video but about the Play button which has been introduced since the second version of CP2017: AutoPlay s automatically disabled for HTML5 output, due to the policy of browsers to prevent autoplay.

I hesitate to post another link, summarized possible ways to cope with that situation of AutoPlay turned off in a well-visited post, which descibes some hacks:

Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

I will not bother you with more explanations about the difference between event and slide video, and control by Captivate.

You could use a static image of one of the video frames as poster image and have a custom play icon or image in the center of it (see blog post). It is also possible to take out the dimming, which means you can also add text explaining to the learner what to expect when the play button is clicked: that may be to hover over the video to see the control panel if it is event video, or just have the intro video play automatically in case of slide video.

If you need the playbar in your course for other slides, do NEVER use the workflow to turn it off in the Skin editor, but you could hide it On Enter for the first slide with the video (in case of event video to avoid the confusion between the two control panels, where the default one has no effect on event video). However in the splash screen (static image with play button) the playbar will appear if you ever use it in the course.

There aer some suggestions to allow Autoplay, but I wouldn't use them, because that could cause other issues since browsers have some way of control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I see how I could have done some harm. I appreciate you looking out for this newbie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources