Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Blur Images / Text for HTML5 Output on Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I am desperately looking for a way to blur information on our captivate projects from within Adobe Captivate 2019. Our final outputs are to HTML5. Our team has been doing this in a roundabout way, by capturing the images and using a competitor's program to blur and then re-import the images back in; however, this is not efficient and slows our output.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? A "filter" or a "widget"?

Adobe - this feature is desperately needed and should be adapted, if it is not in existence.

Thank you,

-Ronnie

TOPICS
Editing , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SnagIt is my screenshot tool of choice and I have blurred things with that from time to time for placement in Captivate but that is when I use that tool to take the screenshot - if you use Captivate to do all the capturing - I can appreciate not wanting to export and re-import.

A couple thoughts:

1. How about simply placing a box over the top of sensitive information? You could color it to the surroundings and remove the border.
  2. When I know that I need some training on something that will potentially expose sensitive information I will typically create a "dummy" account for such things so that no real names or data is revealed - especially if I will feature a particular product in trainings a great deal.
  3. You might also consider creating a "pixelated blur image" and keeping it handy as a resource to throw onto the stage and resize as needed. This might offer a little better presentation than a simple smartshape over an area.

Just a few thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply! We have been doing #1-2 and we also use SnagIt, but this feature really needs to be implemented natively. Its a shame we are relying on a second program to fulfill this need.

We will look into doing #3, but its hard because we would want to match the background and text color, which can vary.

Thanks again for sharing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources