• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to combine a software simulation and another responsive project?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a software simulation and I would like to paste it into a previously created Responsive project.  I have tried copying and pasting the slides, but when I did that, it messed up the software simulation (showed the actions, but all of the clicks and highlights showed up in a different part of the screen than in the original).

I also have tried creating a software simulation  within the responsive project, but the video screen is so small, and doesn't give me the option to view my desktop - only open folders or software programs.

I need to combine these two projects.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not totally clear what the issues are in your situation but perhaps my video on the topic might shed some light. 

Create an Adobe Captivate Software Simulation eLearning for Mobile - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of workflow did you use for the responsive project: Fluid Boxes or Breakpoint views?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having a similar problem after recording a training simulation and pasting the slides into my responsive project. My project has fluid boxes, but the pasted slides do not and I don’t know how to add them or what to do. (Adobe Support told me to make the simulation separately and copy the slides in, because it wasn’t working when I simply tried to add a simulation to the project. When I called them back because the pasted slides didn’t work in the devices, they told me that simulations don’t work with responsive projects and I shouldn’t use them. This can’t be true, can it?) Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You added this same question to two threads, not a good practice.

,Is this simulation a demo, training or assessment simulation, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok - I am new to using the forum and have noted the first bit of advice. I will delete the other post.

It’s a training simulation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to warn you... I am reading everyghing on the Captivate forum. Bit waste of time if same question appears twice.

So it is an interactive simulation. DId you see this tutorial by Pooja Jaisingh?

Building responsive simulations with Adobe Captivate 2017 - eLearning

You have already captured the simulation in a non-responsive project I suppose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had seen Pooja's tutorial, thanks though - I reviewed it again.

Yes, I captured the simulation as Support told me: Record a new / Software Simulation. (That was after trying to just use Slides/Software Simulation from within my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs to be a responsive project, is that the case,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - yes, it needs to be responsive. I have a bit more information now.

When I first tried to make the simulation within the project, I had received some error message and the simulation wasn't being captured after the first click. That was one problem. But I just went back in and made a simulation from within the project and everything was captured. The problem is the display area for the devices -- it doesn't capture enough of the area. I don't want the whole screen, but the phone capture area will show the field name, but not farther over enough in the field to show the selector button.

I searched the forum and saw that someone else had this question and you had said to "Check the display resolution please! It should be 100%." I don't know what that means though - how to check the display resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that answer was linked with a responsive software simulation, but with the fact that the full capture window was not corresponding with what was asked for. That happens when the screen is not set at 1px/px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, OK ... so if there is no way to adjust the size of the capture window, I will have to tell people to watch this presentation only on their PC. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources