• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create interactive pan and zoom?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to have a large image and allow the user to interactively click and drag to pan around the image.

There will need to be buttons etc. That are pinned to the image that move around with it. I want this to be mouse movement panning, and not clicking overlaid buttons to pan.

I’m guessing I will need to resort to JavaScript to detect OnMouse down, the drag around adjusting the image x,y position to add the mouse movement difference.

Is this feasible or is there a simple way to achieve this with in-built actions/interactive objects?

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the version of the software and operating system you are using?

Have you tried to 'trick' Captivate in thinking that large image is a VR360 type?

Check https://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/virtual-reality.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Captivate 2019.

That's an interesting idea, and could be a possibility.

The demo looks more like a 360 degree view image, though, with the view rotated around the origin, where as I am looking for a 2D image panning around, like being zoomed in on an image in Photoshop, and pressing the spacebar and dragging the zoomed in image around to change what is visible in the viewport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources