• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to drag and drop a button

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have tried this action several times and it doesnt seem to work.

The scenario is that:

I want to create a foreign language class for students to learn Chinese characters. So the slide I created needs to use the drag and drop action to review the vocabularies.

On the left is the drag columns; they are a list of sentences and each sentence has a missing word. I want to make them as smart shape as buttons to play audios of the sentences being read out loud.

On the right side is the source columns; they are the missing vocabularies that the students need to drag to the left side's matching sentences.

So it seems that as soon as I turn the smart shapes into buttons, the drag and drop function doesn't work. So is there any workaround that can let me achieve the above goal and scenario? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Sorry, but you cannot use an interactive object as drag source nor drop target.

Audio could be played using the Object actions, but that will be after the drag source has been dragged.

You could hput buttons before the sentences (not IN the drag source, that trigger the same action ' Play Audio', to allow them to hear the audio before dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you cannot use an interactive object as drag source nor drop target.

Audio could be played using the Object actions, but that will be after the drag source has been dragged.

You could hput buttons before the sentences (not IN the drag source, that trigger the same action ' Play Audio', to allow them to hear the audio before dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! In other words, if I want to let them hear the audios before dragging, I can create the audio buttons beside the sentences but out of the whole drag and drop scope right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they cannot overlap with any of the drag sources or droptargets.

I have another idea, but didn't test it out. Drag sources can have InBuilt states, one of them appears when starting to drag. Wonder if you could attach audio to that state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will test this out and see! Thanks for the suggestion. So do you think there is other products on the market that can achieve my original design plan (drag interactive button)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources