Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit a cpvc video file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a training video file from my client, which is in a .cpvc format. I have opened this file in Captivate 10.

To edit this .cpvc video, I cannot find any option. On the Properties tab, there are no options available. Can you enlighten me on how to edit a .cpvc file?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rupali Desai

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally it opens in the Video Editor, and you have a timeline panel at the bottom that has a lot of features. The right docking station will show the appropriate panels when you choose an option in the timeline. Have a look at this blog post:

Video Demo Timeline demystified (cpvc-project) - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for your input! The blog post says, the file opens in a video demo application packed with Captivate. I could not locate the Video Demo application. Could you suggest which video editor must be used to edit the .cpvc file?

Thanks,

Rupali Desai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a cpvc file it should automatically open in the video demo editor. Is that not the case for you? You don't have to do something special at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem, but NO button to edit the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but your screenshot is showing a normal slide, not a cpvc-slide I suspect it is a slide recorded in a software simulation, Demonstration Mode. I deduct this from the presentence of a Typing object and a Mouse object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that helps, so there may be no way to edit this video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a video slide, it is a normal cptx-slide. What do you want to edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to split and Pan an Zoom this type of recording....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you totally new to Captivate? This is NOT a video slide; it has a static background and there is only a staggering on the timeline for the objects that appear. Pan and Zoom could have been done during capture, not after it. Split is also a video term. You can duplicate the slide and take out some frames at the end on the first slide, and frames in the beginning for the second slide. But that will not change anything when publishing, makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources