Highlighted

How to exit Background Audio?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I accidentally selected Audio>Record To>Slide Background. I meant to just select Slide. Is there a way to exit out of this window without Force Quiting Captivate? I have done a lot of work and haven't saved lately.

Here is a screenshot of the window that popped up. I didn't want this at all.

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 1.12.06 PM.png

Please help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by RodWard | Adobe Community Professional

You can usually hit the ESCAPE key on the keyboard to quit a dialog.  However if you do that you will lose any audio you may have recorded in that window. 

Your dialog screen shot doesn't appear to display the usual buttons at the bottom that allow you to save the audio or close the dialog.  What happens if you click the Edit tab?  Does that give you options to save the recorded audio and close the dialog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to exit Background Audio?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I accidentally selected Audio>Record To>Slide Background. I meant to just select Slide. Is there a way to exit out of this window without Force Quiting Captivate? I have done a lot of work and haven't saved lately.

Here is a screenshot of the window that popped up. I didn't want this at all.

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 1.12.06 PM.png

Please help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by RodWard | Adobe Community Professional

You can usually hit the ESCAPE key on the keyboard to quit a dialog.  However if you do that you will lose any audio you may have recorded in that window. 

Your dialog screen shot doesn't appear to display the usual buttons at the bottom that allow you to save the audio or close the dialog.  What happens if you click the Edit tab?  Does that give you options to save the recorded audio and close the dialog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Record just a small clip. When finished you'll be asked to save and then you can cancel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, I know this post and your reply is almost 3 and a half years old. However, you just saved me from losing literal hours of work. Guess I should remember to save more often. In any case, thank you for a being a life (and work) saver!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RodWard LATEST
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

De nada.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The Edit tab didn't have any of the usual buttons for saving either. The Esc key worked. Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you may have your computer resolution set too low which can then cause the dialogs NOT to display those buttons.  Try increasing your screen resolution to the next available setting and see if the buttons then become visible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group