Highlighted

How to Fullscreen Multi-Slide Synchronized Video in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working  a video based  responsive e-learning project. I am using  Multi-Slide Synchronized Videos in the slides. Because I want to synchronized videos with slides… But in mobile landscape version, I want to force to video to fullscreen. So how can i do that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Fullscreen Multi-Slide Synchronized Video in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working  a video based  responsive e-learning project. I am using  Multi-Slide Synchronized Videos in the slides. Because I want to synchronized videos with slides… But in mobile landscape version, I want to force to video to fullscreen. So how can i do that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really need a responsive project? Is a Rescalable  HTML project, which can only be played in landscape mode not a better choice?

For a responsive project you have two possible workflows:

• Fluid Boxes: which are the easiest way, less time consuming but excluded because you cannot use multi-slide synchronized video.
  • Breakpoint views: much more work, and don't really see the plus-value compared with a scalable HTML project.

You can find a full analysis in:

Fluid Boxes Or Breakpoint Views? - Captivate blog

All published interactive movies which I have on my blog are rescalable, except the ones for which you find a link in the previous post. Here is a rescalable movie:

Captivate's Timeline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri. First of all, Thank you very much for your quick responding. But you misunderstood my question. I think my question is not clear.

My project doesn't have just video slides. it is mixed of video's, interactive slides and quizzes... And it must be responsive project.

I am using Fluid Boxes for My responsive Project. Actually Everything is allright and project works.

But in the video slides and in the mobile landscape mode. I want to force video to fullscreen. I tried to do that with javascript. But it doesn't work. So how can I do that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2018 0
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have misunderstood, but Multi-synchronized video is NOT possible in a Fluid Box.... That statement still is valid. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi-synchronized video is possible in a Fluid Box. I didn't understand why do you think in this way.  I don't using event video.  Because it is not synchronized with slide timeline. But the problem is not Multi-synchronized video in the fluid box . The real problem is that how to fullscreen Multi-synchronized video in captivate 2017?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I am sure it is not. Check this: try to drag the video out of the fluid box. If you can do that, it means it is not IN a fluid box. Drag it off the stage. For another object getting it into a fluid box would be by dragging it on the stage, until a FB is highlighted. You'll see that thie never happens. Video is in your project, but it is floating, not in a FB.

For the other question, Fluid Boxes mean that you leave the control over the layout to Captivate. I doubt very much that you will be able to change the layout for a specific situation. It may be possible with Breakpoints, but I never tested it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2018 0