Highlighted

How to get my project to open in a new window?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I am a bit new with Captivate, and I really need to know how I can make my finish project to open in a new window?

I have seen on other softwares that you can set this up, having your first slide as a "laucher" click on it and then continue playing your project on a new tab/window however it's been impossible to be to do it in captivate.

I will really apprecciate you help on this since this is causing me a lot of troubles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get my project to open in a new window?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I am a bit new with Captivate, and I really need to know how I can make my finish project to open in a new window?

I have seen on other softwares that you can set this up, having your first slide as a "laucher" click on it and then continue playing your project on a new tab/window however it's been impossible to be to do it in captivate.

I will really apprecciate you help on this since this is causing me a lot of troubles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to have 2 projects, one to open the other.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that makes sense...  I have tried to link the projects but it's not running properly

How to link Adobe Captivate projects  >this is vague and I cannot get it to run on the LMS

I am publishing both projects (laucher & Main project) then copying the MP into the Callees folder of the Launcher, then covert to ZIP  and upload to LMS (I of course added a button to my launcher that should link to the MP)

Do you know of anyother article that has clearer instructions about this ?

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using an LMS and these are two different projects then the launching really needs to be controlled from within the LMS, not as you were trying to do it with one project calling the other.  This is simply as per the SCORM standard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 0
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What di you men by it's not running properly? What exactly is happening?

You should just be able to use the action "Open URLor file" anf then enter:

callees\index.scorm.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 0