• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get past an answered quiz question?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was testing whether my course was getting properly bookmarked by my LMS yesterday, and ran into the following problem:

I have a 5-question quiz, I answered questions 1 and 2, got feedback on question 2, and then closed my browser.  When I restarted the course, the LMS did, in fact, bookmark where I stopped correctly, BUT I was now on an answered question with no way to go forward because I couldn't re-answer and re-submit.

While I don't anticipate a lot of students quitting the course 3 slides before the end, browsers and computers do crash, so some of them could find themselves in the same situation.  So, what is the best way to allow the students to move forward when this happens?

I thought about adding the built-in "skip" button, but then I worry about what would happen if students click on it BEFORE they answer a question - then I'd also need to allow students to move backwards, which we really don't need otherwise and were hoping to avoid.

Our specs: 5 questions, MC/TF, infinite attempts, feedback provided before moving on.

Using Captivate 2019, latest version (after update).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks bit strange. You have Infinite attempts, which means that if you return to the same question and the answer was not correct, you should have the possibility to change that answer. It is only on a correct answer, that the second step of the Submit process should have resulted in going to the next question. Only in case of a correct answer the answer should be blocked. I find it bit weird to set a scored question to Infinite attempts, which is more suited for a KC slide.

Can you test in SCORM Cloud?  Just to see if the issue is the same there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happened after a question was answered correctly.  I understand it's a very specific case that isn't likely to occur often, but feel like we should have a contingency plan in place nonetheless.  I'm also assuming and hoping that if the question was not yet answered or wasn't answered correctly, this wouldn't be an issue.

Should I still test in SCORM cloud, or does this make more sense now?

Yes, I understand infinite attempts for scored are strange.  We lobbied hard to put a limit on attempts but got overruled.  We have 35 questions all told, so it was easier to switch to infinite than to redo them as KC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would like to see it tested in SCORM Cloud. I would have expected that if the question was answered correctly, the bookmarking would send the learner to the next question slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue. how did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you read the answers, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources