• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to go to specific slide in HTML5 using url?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have published a Cp file as HTML5; it's not in an LMS. Since the output is index.html, rather than individual html pages for each slide, is there a way to manipulate the url to go to a specific slide?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

I believe the poster wishes to have a url that, when clicked, will take them to a specific slide in the project rather than always the beginning.

Perhaps a large project with many sections and a person completes section 1 and we want them to deep link direct to section 2.

The below example is not an answer to this question but an example of how we see this sort of thing in other situations. The URL is modified by adding the  ?page=17  to the end.

It is an interesting question - my gut says I don't

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is confusing. Even for a course not reporting to a LMS the start file is always index.html. I don't know what you want exactly to do. Can you clarify please and also mention the full version number you are using as mentioned under Help, About Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the poster wishes to have a url that, when clicked, will take them to a specific slide in the project rather than always the beginning.

Perhaps a large project with many sections and a person completes section 1 and we want them to deep link direct to section 2.

The below example is not an answer to this question but an example of how we see this sort of thing in other situations. The URL is modified by adding the  ?page=17  to the end.

It is an interesting question - my gut says I don't think so but I could be wrong - I've never explored this idea but could see the usefulness of it.

I might suggest a large menu as your first slide for the learner to select the topic - or make use of the table of contents. I always prefer a homemade system of navigating and would opt for a custom menu.

www.myCaptivateProject.com/project1/index.html?page=17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Stagprime Apparently you gave the expected answer and also confirmed to use the index.html file.

Just a warning: be careful if something has happened on previous slides which is needed on the slide where the learner will start or the following slides. Just a couple of examples: you ask the learner's name to be used when addressing him, the value of that variable will not be available anymore. Or you have custom navigation buttons or other objects which are on the first slide of the module, timed for the rest of the project. They will not appear when the learner is not starting on the first slide. Just double-check...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources