Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import Adobe Illustrator graphic in Captivate

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!

Hi , I am trying have illustrator graphic  (some character) in captivate, I copy past in adobe photoshop my illustrator graphic as smart object  and after  import psd file in captivate, but it's still like image, I can't ungroup my character , and when I try  make big size it behaves like image: become blurry
Can you help me, please
Thanks a lot !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Export from Illustrator as SVG, then import to Captivate. Be careful, though, as sometimes Captivate has trouble with more than one SVG on a slide.

Best solution is to export as PNG or JPG the exact size (or slightly larger) that you need in Captivate if you need several images on a single slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export from Illustrator as SVG, then import to Captivate. Be careful, though, as sometimes Captivate has trouble with more than one SVG on a slide.

Best solution is to export as PNG or JPG the exact size (or slightly larger) that you need in Captivate if you need several images on a single slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dan56​ Thank You very much for answer I did it but see that when I click in captivate import, where is not function "import SVG" so I just dragged svq to captivate and it worked ! just changed some colors and I can't edit this svg, like ungroup  but I am happy now quality is good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG is an item under the Media button. Import is only for special files like the Photoshop source file (best roundtripping in Captivate), External Library, noes,....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lilybiri thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as a Photoshop PSD file from Illustrator. Make sure you save write layers on in the Photoshop Export Options. In Captivate, Import > Photoshop file and in the Import window in Captivate make sure you import as layers not as a flattened file.

The objects will come into individual layers in the Captivate timeline so you can do whatever you need to do. Always try and bring the content in at the size you want to use it in Captivate in other words scale it in Illustrator to the size you will work with in Captivate before you start the process. I never trust Captivate to scale any artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David Burnham HBA Thank You very much for answer It worked perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources