• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert action button and highlights

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing a Powerpoint presentation into Captivate 8. There are highlighted text that is not coming through to captivate, how do I highlight text in captivate 8? Do I use highlight box?

Also, I have an attestation that needs to be read and accepted or rejected, I would need them to accept the attestation, if they do push reject, I need them to review the PP again. There is no rejection and move forward they need to accept it. Do I put as a "button" and how do I direct them back to the powerpoint once they reject the attestation?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can help you. I read somewhere about this... Maybe this one will help you:

Step 1: In Adobe Captivate, Go to Objects and select Rollover Caption.

Step 2: Next add the text to the caption and modify the size and the font color the learner would see when they rollover the caption.

Step 3: Re-size the text caption as per your wish and Copy the text caption.

Step 4: Create a new Text Caption and paste the text from the rollover caption and change the color of the text to what you want the learner to see before they rollover the caption.

Step 5: Re-size the rollover area to match the size of the rollover text caption text captions

Step 6: Follow the same re-sizing for the copied text caption so all 3 objects are the same size and in the same position.

Step 7: When you preview the file you will see the color selected for the dormant caption and when you rollover you will see the color when active.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a warning: rollovers are not supported in HTML output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a slight correction: Rollovers are not supported in HTML5 output on a mobile device with a touchscreen.  If your users are all on desktop PCs using a mouse or touchpad as a pointing device then you CAN still use rollovers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, Rod, look at my recent blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/rollover-in-fluid-boxes

Rollovers will be functional for non-responsive projects for mouse users. However in Fluid Boxes workflow you cannot even insert them, because the options are greyed out.

I found the solution with rollovers so strange to create highlights for a PPT-imported slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes rollovers are not supported for Fluid Boxes.  But the original poster is importing a PPT project into Captivate.  So there's no way he can be using a Fluid Box workflow.  He should still see the option for rollovers in this project (even if using them might not be the best option). 

A statement like "rollovers are not supported in HTML output" is too broad and could be misunderstood to mean that rollovers would not be supported in ANY Captivate HTML5 output.  I just wanted to make sure the matter was clarified for later users that might read this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML Tracker will launch the same message when trying to publish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct.  But it's not telling the whole truth either.  By showing that message and not explaining the specific circumstances the HTML5 Tracker is misleading people into thinking that HTML5 does not support rollovers when in fact it's quite possible to have rollovers in HTML5 if you are on a mouse-driven system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources