• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert time / automatically pause slide for Software Recording Demo

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to Captivate and am having trouble with a software recording.  The slide plays straight into the movement that I recorded, but I need it to pause a moment so that I can put a text box on the screen for learners to read before the slide plays.  I can't work out how to do this; I've tried adding a variable to the text box but pause doesn't seem to be an option here.  I have also found that I can pause the slide on entering, but I can't work out how to then unpause it after X number of seconds.  I've searched for help, watched multiple videos, but none seem to provide the answer.

I used to use Active Presenter, which allowed me to simply 'insert time' into the slide, which meant the recording just paused where it was until it caught up with itself.

Thank you in advance,

Jo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you first tell what you used exactly to do the capture? Is it with Video Demo or with Software Simulation. If it is the latter, which mode(s) did you use: Demo, Training, Assessment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources