• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to measure a Captivate screen (runtime)

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to compute the size of a screen in a Captivate presentation that has been published to an LMS?  This would be the cumulative size in kb or Mb of all the graphics, text,click boxes, knowledge checks, audio, and any other content, though the courses in question  basically consist of the items mentioned.

The closest I have been able to figure out is to divide the total size of the published course and divide by the number of screens, yet that yields and average.  Can any of the modern browsers sniff the screen and output the total size of a single screen?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure to understand correctly.

To estimate the file size of the published course, I use the panel 'Project Info' which has a button Check. Here is a screenshot, I have clicked the button next to HTML output. There is also a Refresh button:

ProjectInfo.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any slide in a Captivate HTML5 module will likely be reusing files and images that are used on multiple other slides. I don't really see anything wrong with your method of dividing the number of slides into the total size of the project.  But what I am more interested in is WHY you need to do this anyway.  What is the goal here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources