• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to merge two same project changes into one ?

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to merge two different captivate files. I have worked in file_1.cptx and one of my team members have worked on file_2.cptx. These are the same project. file_2.cptx has 58 slides and file_1.cptx has 59 slides because I added a custom table of content page (one more slide than the file_2.cptx).  I have changed a little in other slides like removing an advance action and adding another. At the end, the result of the merged project must be 59 slides. Is it possible to merge two files and get everything that we both have worked on?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit confusing question. There is NO collaboration mode in Captivate, changes on a slide cannot be merged to another slide. However if you have worked out a good custom theme, which has object styles, master slides, skin eetc and both use that same theme a lot of work can be spared. Adding that extra slide is just a copy/paste workflow.  What other changes have been made? Editing text? You could ttry the import/export using Word or XML. Replaced oor added graphics? Use one of the projcts as external library. Do not use advanced actions, but shared actions which appear as assets in the Library as well.

All is about preparation of such a workflow, if you really need to collaborate at the same time on a project. Wonder how you have done the preparation? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.We have a project module.cptx which has 58 slides. We divided the work. My task was to add a custom table of content and my team member's task was to improve some design in some of the slides on the same projects.  Earlier, I had expected that our work can be merged and we will get the project with the custom table of content and improved design on required slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, but it looks like you didn't prepare a custom theme? If your collaborator had edited that theme, you could have applied the new version to your project. Have published lot of articles about themes, which are too much ignored by trainers. From this post you can download a pdf with reference links:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/theme-resources/

Merging has never been possible. Themes and use of external libraries are crucial in a situation like yours where multiple collaborators work on the same project.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/internal-and-external-libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources