Highlighted

How to prevent default blurring of underlying video?

New Here ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I prevent the default blurring of an underlying video whenever an overlay slide is introduced? Also, the opacity setting for the overlay slide background doesn't seem to work. I'd like to set opacity to 0% and entirely remove the overlay background. And also set the clickable buttons/shapes to 0% opacity so that the user just interacts directly with unblurred video content. Thanks.

Richard

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to prevent default blurring of underlying video?

New Here ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I prevent the default blurring of an underlying video whenever an overlay slide is introduced? Also, the opacity setting for the overlay slide background doesn't seem to work. I'd like to set opacity to 0% and entirely remove the overlay background. And also set the clickable buttons/shapes to 0% opacity so that the user just interacts directly with unblurred video content. Thanks.

Richard

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the master slide for overlay content slides? Maybe have a look at this blog post:

4 Tips for Interactive Video - Captivate blog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a SIMPLE question and has NOTHING to do with the master slide, etc. Adobe Captive BY DEFAULT blurs the underlying video as soon as the overlay slide appears; Adobe apparently believes every user on the planet wants this feature, and no one could possibly want the video to remain unblurred. Really? That's an inane assumption. I want the video to remain unblurred. I want to user to be able to refer to the uncovered portion of the video and re-study text, diagrams, etc. SO . . . can anyone comment on a setting(?) that will allow the video to remain unblurred? Thnx.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 1
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but will not try to help you if you start shouting.

The answer was in that blog, but you may no have understood.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No shouting her, Lilybiri, but I kind of want to. I've read every word of your blog several times, and though you certainly show how to put semi-transparent objets on a master slide, the issue at hand is, whenever Captivate shows an OVERLAY slide on an interactive video, it blurs the background so that you can't clearly see the underlying video while the overly is shown. This is a deal breaker - and will probably cause me to have to completely rebuild my project i Storyline. I've even tried to create a master slide with a transparent .png as the background, but Captivate still blurrs behind the overlay slide. I would be SO happy if you have an answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also read every word of that blog post and don't see the answer to this question.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is there anyone out there who knows the answer to this? 

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 1
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,

Upload your videos to Vimeo (Plus account) or better.

Embed each video in separate HTML docs where you use player.js (player.on) to control them.

Save the HTML's as ZIP files and insert them in Captivate as HTML5 Animations on the relevant slides.

/Jacob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, Jacob, are you sure this is addressing the problem for an interactive video? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think as of now, the only option in captivate would be to take a screenshot of that particular frame from the video and use it in the overlay slide as the background. 

Actually they should add the feature of having control on the background for overlay slides.

Thanks,

Sabareesh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone an answer to this as yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0