• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent learner from scrubbing the playbar past where they've already viewed?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I'm building a project that is a series of Interactive Video slides, with the content hosted on Vimeo. I want the slides to flow from one to the next, which Captivate does by default, but periodically a knowledge check will pop up at the end of a slide which the user has to answer before they can continue. This course is being deployed on a website instead of an LMS, so we can't track scores. Therefore, I can't allow them to skip ahead, so that we know they've answered all the questions correctly by the time they reach the end of the course.

Right now I have the playbar disabled and am using a TOC, which is set up so the user can't click ahead to slides they haven't watched. This is okay, however I would REALLY like to have the playbar enabled so they can scrub backwards and rewatch slides for specific information, without being forced to rewatch a slide from start to finish each time they go back to a viewed slide, which is the case if you click to a previous slide using the TOC.

Is there an advanced action or something that I can use to prevent forward scrubbing of the playbar? I know it's possible because I have a tool created by a previous developer at my company that packages video into SCORM files indpendent of Captivate, and this is one of its default features. I am using the current build of Captivate (11.5.1.499) on Windows 10.

I know that there used to be a hack simliar to this that worked in an earlier version of Captivate, but that stopped working with this newest build. I'm not a proficient enough Javascript user to work this out on my own. Please help!

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?