Highlighted

How to program click boxes to disappear upon click outside of box?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!  I am brand new to using Captivate.  I have created click boxes that, once clicked, will give the user an explanation of the particular icon.  There are four of these on the slide.  I am having a difficult time finding a way for the text box to disappear after the user clicks outside of the box.  All of the boxes, once clicked, stay on screen and obstruct the view of all other important information.   What should I do?  Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to program click boxes to disappear upon click outside of box?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!  I am brand new to using Captivate.  I have created click boxes that, once clicked, will give the user an explanation of the particular icon.  There are four of these on the slide.  I am having a difficult time finding a way for the text box to disappear after the user clicks outside of the box.  All of the boxes, once clicked, stay on screen and obstruct the view of all other important information.   What should I do?  Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have lots of examples on my blog, and there are multiple ways to do this.

The 'old' way (in my head) is how you started: you have multiple text conttainers that are initially hidden in output (several ways possible). Click on an interactive object like a click box, using the Success event, you probably used a simple action 'Show TextX' and unchecked the option 'Continue Playing Project' to avoid the release of the playhead.

For you ruse case with Show/Hide, group all the text containers in a group Gr_Text. You will need to use an advanced or a shared action instead of a simple action on that success event of each click bpx. It will have two commands:

1. Hide Gr_Text
  2. Show TextX

Another workflow is to use ONE text container with multiple states: each state will show the text for one click box. The first Normal state should be empty. I would recommend using a shape with alpha=0 and stroke=0. In that case you don't need to use an advanced or sahared action, just a simple action:

Change State of TextContanier to State X.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 1