Highlighted

How to recreate slide association with original PPT resource?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was suddenly no longer able to preview my course in HTML5, but it still worked in SWF.  The course would just freeze on the loading spinner. After going through an exhaustive process to discover the source of the problem (which included hiding/showing, copy/paste slides, etc.) I discovered that three slides that were imports from a PPT were no longer associated with the PPT embedded resource, one of which was slide #1 - hence the freeze on load.  The menu still provided access to PowerPoint functionality, but I did not discover the error message until I tried to find the PPT in the library...which Captivate 2019 could not do.  I ended up recreating the slides, but would have preferred to simply re-associate the slides with the source PPT.  How can this be done? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to recreate slide association with original PPT resource?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was suddenly no longer able to preview my course in HTML5, but it still worked in SWF.  The course would just freeze on the loading spinner. After going through an exhaustive process to discover the source of the problem (which included hiding/showing, copy/paste slides, etc.) I discovered that three slides that were imports from a PPT were no longer associated with the PPT embedded resource, one of which was slide #1 - hence the freeze on load.  The menu still provided access to PowerPoint functionality, but I did not discover the error message until I tried to find the PPT in the library...which Captivate 2019 could not do.  I ended up recreating the slides, but would have preferred to simply re-associate the slides with the source PPT.  How can this be done? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?