• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Remove Thick Black Border from an MP4 video output?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had created a video in Captivate 8, where the output published is Video in mp4 format. It has a thick black border all around the video, which doesn't go away even in fullscreen. I tried removing borders from Skin Editor, but still the border is there in the output. Can anybody tell how this can be fixed?

Thanks

Eshna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the dimensions of your Captivate file match the dimensions of your output? (I cannot remember the video publishing options of Captivate 8, I don't remember if you could change the output size).

Do you have a .png or .gif on your slides that has a transparent area? Or a transparent/translucent object? That would translate to black in video.

Have you tried viewing the video on multiple players?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was a dimension issue. Fixed it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also look at the output with your browser console opened. Then highlight over the border to see where it is coming from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you just open the MP4 video in a browser WITHOUT having it inserted in a Captivate project?  Do you then see a black border around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources