• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to retake the quiz in cptx?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create or use a variable to redo a quiz in the program itself, I know there is a button ready, but I would like to manipulate it in my format.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you really want to do? The only way to retake a quiz, is to set up the Preferences with multiple attempts on Quiz level and to have the Retake button on the score slide. What do you want to change? I am busy with a sequence  of blog posts, to clarify all the questions I see regularly about quizzes.

Also tell which version you are using, and if the projects are responsive or not. If they are responsive, which workflow: fluid boxes or breakoint views?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using captivate 2019, in this project I do not use the responsive, but scalable option. When I use the program option for 4 attempts, they will only appear if the student misses. I would like to manipulate a button to always appear the option to redo the game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quiz is designed so that attempts are considered 'exhausted' on Quiz level, when the learner passes the quiz.

To set up the opportunity to allow the learner to retake a quiz, even after a success, the best way is to set this up in the LMS. If not, you can set up the passing score very high. Are you using reporting to a LMS?

Buttons on quiz and score slides cannot be 'manipulated' as normal buttons. Those are embedded objects, which have functionality built in. Retake button will only appear when the user failed, and has attempts left. I am busy with a sequence of articles about quizzes. The second one just published, explains the embedded objects on the quiz slides. Score slide is similar concerning embedded objects (will be a future post).

Captivate's Quizzes (2): Submit Process - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the help, what link to see your publications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I included a link to the post in the eLearning Community in my previous answer.

If you google my nickname 'Lilybiri' you will find my personal blog as well. I didn't include the two recent articles about quizzes yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using quiz question slides to build a 'game' rather than a true quiz then I suggest you probably should NOT be using normal quiz slides but perhaps should use Knowledge Check slides instead, because unlike quiz slides the KC slides will reset as soon as you leave the slide.  Then you can just use normal interactive objects (e.g. buttons) to navigate the learner back to the beginning of the KC questions to restart the game.

You can easily provide some other way (e.g. a scored button) for the learner to finally complete the module and achieve a passing score.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources