• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to return to a slide video, to the exact image I was leaving, from another slide?

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

2 slides : I have a slide with a video and a button, which is linking at the second slide.
From my second slide, how do I come back to the exact image I was in my video slide (the first)?
By default, Captivate comes back to the beginning of the video slideā€¦ šŸ˜ž

Thank you very very much for your help!

Francois

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

If your video is inserted as 'Slide Video' (synced with Captivate timeline), then have your button on the video slide capture and store the current value of the cpInfoCurrentFrame System Variable in a User Variable through an Advanced Action, in addition to the Go to the Next Slide action. Then put a button on that next slide that, when clicked, assigns the System Variable cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume with the value of your User Variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your video is inserted as 'Slide Video' (synced with Captivate timeline), then have your button on the video slide capture and store the current value of the cpInfoCurrentFrame System Variable in a User Variable through an Advanced Action, in addition to the Go to the Next Slide action. Then put a button on that next slide that, when clicked, assigns the System Variable cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume with the value of your User Variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One small point:  Even if you DO as Gaanf suggests, you still need to thoroughly test whether this still works for your intended audience on their intended web browser.  Things were a lot more predictable in the SWF world before we moved to HTML5.  With SWF the timelines for the slide and the video were locked together beautifully.  However with HTML5 on different devices and different browsers the world is a lot more messy.  So you need to do a lot more testing when trying to something a little different like capturing an exact frame number on the fly and looping back to it later.  Just a caution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your notice. Tested, it's working for nowā€¦ šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, though I guess in this work case it wouldn't matter much if you missed the exact frame no by 10 frames or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Gaanf ! Just perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources