• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Set a Virtual Reality 360 Video's FOV (Field of View)

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Captivate allow for setting the player's default field of View for 360 videos?  I want to be be able to set the FOV as well as the default orientation of the 360 video.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your question really. What do you mean by the 'default field? The view you'll see when starting is the one you set up on your stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

field of view is how wide of an angle is seen.  For instance in most 360 players (vimeo as an example) you can set the field of view to emulate a certain focal length.  A wide field of view will show more of the scene requiring less panning around and a narrow field of view will show a small part of the scene and will require the viewer to really pan a lot ot view everything.

My goal is to custmize the viewing experience for the viewer as well as choosing the initial orientation of hte 360 view so that the viewer sees a specific part of the scene at the beggining of the 360 slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources