• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set up multiple attempts in drag-and-drop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a drag and drop slide (not a graded quiz slide), and I see there's a way to set up the number of attempts, but no option for try again feedback after all but the last attempt. Does setting this up require incremental variables and conditional advanced actions? It seems like a basic, common thing to want to do. I'd like 3 attempts total, with a slide reset and Try Again feedback on attempts 1 and 2, and a Failure caption with the answer on attempt 3.

I was trying to increment a variable when an incorrect answer is submitted, so that the 1 and 2 values sent a Try Again and a 3 value sent the Failure caption. Couldn't even get close 🙂

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have a look at this blog post about feedback messages in D&D:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/d-and-d-feedback-messages

I understand what you mean about 'basic', but although a D&D slide can be used as a quiz slide, a knowledge check slide, it doesn't have all the same features of default quiz slides. You point at some of them.

Slide reset is another problem. If the D&D slide is set up as a Knowledge Check slide, you can use a workflow that re-enters the slide which will reset everything. I use that in several of my D&D blog posts. The default Reset button is not doing all the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm trying is a few advanced actions and allowing for 3 attempts. For some reason, this isn't working, but it seems like it should. It does give me 3 attempts, then moves on, but the captions never pop up. Maybe the increment variable isn't configured properly?screenshots.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read that blog post? There is an output example included, I test all workflows on my blog extensively.

Your screenshots are so tiny, that I cannot read the advanced actions commands. Please use the Preview of an action instead of the editing dialog box. Preview will be readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read it, and I'm not seeing a Failure Event for a limited number of tries on a D&D. I'm not clear on when a Failure message shows up. I'm looking for a way to put up a Try Again type of message, while the Failure message appears on the final attempt only and contains the correct answer. This doesn't seem possible without Advanced Actions, which is fine, but I can't get those to work either 🙂  In the example in the blog, a failure message appears when one incorrect answer is dragged, based on an Object Action. I'm hoping to have a message appear upon clicking Submit. It seems like these settings should do the trick:

increment.JPG

KC_attempts initial value is 0.

KC increments by 1 for each On Failure.

Default Captivate Failure caption isn't shown (unchecked that box), but the Success caption is.

The Advanced Actions are:

If KC_attempts is equal to 1 *or* 2, show try_again.

If KC_attempts is equal to 3, show failure_caption.

I was trying to incorporate elements of this post -- https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/01/multiple-failure-messages-for-dragdrop-kc-slide/ -- but it gets quite complicated.

Is there a way to fix what I'm doing? Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Failure event doesn't exist, it is always a Last Attempt event (terminology is wrong on the D&D slides).

The post you mention is also written by me, has the same content as the one for which I posted a link in my first answer. In both blogs I clearly state that the workflow is only valid for a D&D slide set up as a Knowledge Check slide. Only for that type of slide is it possible to reset the slide by re-entering it. That way you have a Failure event each time you visit the slide. Hence the reason for having only 1 attempt. You have left the attempts at 3, in that case workflow will not work at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got this to work!!! It took a few hours, and it's a bit different, but it works. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, as long as it is working, fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, would you please tell me what you did to get it to work? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources