Highlighted

How to show "elapsed time / total time" for an event video inserted into a slide?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anyone knows how to show "elapsed time / total time" for an event video inserted into a slide?

None of the event video playback skins provide the option of have the "elapsed time / total time" information.

Hence, if I require my user to scrub the event video to let say 0:05, there is no way the user is able to do it accurately even if there is a progress bar fro scrubbing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to show "elapsed time / total time" for an event video inserted into a slide?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anyone knows how to show "elapsed time / total time" for an event video inserted into a slide?

None of the event video playback skins provide the option of have the "elapsed time / total time" information.

Hence, if I require my user to scrub the event video to let say 0:05, there is no way the user is able to do it accurately even if there is a progress bar fro scrubbing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly not with CP functionality.  Event video plays totally independent from any Captivate control. The only controls are in the control panel which appears with event video. What you want can only be done out of the box with synchronized video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have better chance of pulling this off if you decided to insert these videos as Slide Synch videos rather than Event videos.  Then they are locked to the main timeline and you can do calculations using Variables and Advanced Actions based on starting and ending frame numbers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Rod is pointing at, was explained in this old post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/display-time-information

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0