Highlighted

How to show the correct answers after a failed try

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am using the Knowledge Check option in Captivate 9 to create some questions. I would like my students to see the correct answers after they failed twice before they move on to the next question. I can't seem to find any option under Quiz Properties. My questions are multiple choice and True/false.

What am I missing? The custom feedback does not help, as the answers vary from question to question. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Lilybiri

if you look at the quiz propert panel, you will see the settings I used. As long as the three objects used to contain the remedial info are to the right os the pause point for the KC, they will only be displayed after the second error( the Continue action) specified.

TOPICS
Getting started, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to show the correct answers after a failed try

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am using the Knowledge Check option in Captivate 9 to create some questions. I would like my students to see the correct answers after they failed twice before they move on to the next question. I can't seem to find any option under Quiz Properties. My questions are multiple choice and True/false.

What am I missing? The custom feedback does not help, as the answers vary from question to question. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Lilybiri

if you look at the quiz propert panel, you will see the settings I used. As long as the three objects used to contain the remedial info are to the right os the pause point for the KC, they will only be displayed after the second error( the Continue action) specified.

TOPICS
Getting started, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you put my name in your question? Just curious.... because I'm just a user, not working for Adobe at all.

You can edit the feedback message on each KC slide, that is the easiest way. Did you try it? Bit cumbersome especially when you are using a Fluid Boxes project. One of my most recent blog posts explains how to do it in that case, but that workflow applies also to non-responsive projects:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/06/quiz-feedback-messages-fluid-boxes/

Since you have two attempts on quiz level, you can have two Failure feedback messages, make sure to enter the full information only in the second message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, I just follow your blog as well and thought you might know it, being the wizard of Captivate! Unfortunately, it seems that what I'm looking for is not possible and there's no cool-looking solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never say "not possible" in respect to Captivate.

You mentioned that you are using Captivate 9, so fluid boxes are not a concern.

Did you try this relatively simple solution?

KCFeedback.png

I used the quiz settings as shown. I also deleted the generic Try Again response feedback. i "stacked" the feedback responses for clarity I added a text caption that contained feedback, a rectangular shape to indicate the location of the correct answer, and a rounded rectangle shape that I used as a button after the Pause After symbol in the slide timeline. For this example, I made no attempt to use other than the default feedback for the first two attempts. The combination of objects you use after the two allowable incorrect responses is up to your design specifications and there are an unlimited number of alternatives to this basic example.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this looks interesting. How did you setup the shapes and text to only appear after the second failed try?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 0
Contributor ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't set this at the quiz level.  You have to set it up at the quiz question level.

Select the quiz slide, and in the Quiz Properties tab set the number of attempts to 2.

Set Failure Message also to 2.  Then you will have two failure captions that will appear.  You can configure the second of these to state what the correct answers were.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there's no way other than writing the correct answers, no way to show them?

This then creates a problem when it's other types of questions, such as drag and drop, or Sequence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate's Review Mode shows the correct answers with check marks etc.  But you only get to see that when the Quiz Result slide has been reached and the Review Quiz button selected.

There are ways to create your own custom solutions to show correct answers on each quiz question, but nothing by default. 

I've never found it a big problem simply writing in the details of the correct answers into the feedback captions.  You can make them as big as you need and even use captions that point at the correct answers if you wish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0