• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update to Captivate 2019?

Advocate ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused as to how to update Captivate 2017 to Captivate 2019.

TOPICS
Download assets , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

If you are on subscription you will just need to sign in to 2019 with the same Adobe ID you used for 2017. No need to purchase a new subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question here.  I have a monthly subscription, I am signed-into my account and yet it will not update.  It says that v2017 is up to date.  Is this in roll-out mode with different users getting different dates to update?  I would think that existing users would be a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a download link in the help document to which I pointed. This is

not an update, it is a new version. With a subscription license you install

I along with your present version CP2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve,

Thank you for the fast response, I will search for that link.  It was nice to see you in Washington, DC, USA and have breakfast with you.

Regards.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am abroad, having dinner in Germany, Hannover. From phone it is difficult

to list link. It is on the portal, post from Saurav Gosh with download

links for all versions from 5 on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link:

Download Adobe Captivate free trial | Adobe Captivate (2019 release)

You fill-in the contact form and download the OS version that you select (2,758,084KB for Win64).

You then run the installer which gives you Adobe Captivate 2019 and Media Encoder

Once the installer starts, it will ask you to login with your username and password and the installer will continue.

You will be prompted to Launch the program at the end and it will ask to login to your account, which is active/logged in at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to download CAPTIVATE 2019 Trial version.

I get a message

Adobe Captivate Version 2019 English Windows

https://www.adobe.com/products/download-trial/dlm.html?product=adobe-captivate&version=version-2019&...Thanks for downloading. To see your download, go to the downloads panel on your browser

There is no download - Tried multiple times. Hard luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the website of ProDesignTools. It is totally legal, another way

to download version. You'll have to activate on Adobe site with your IF.

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018, 03:37 ramanathanb88249771, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that Adobe is just wrong or terribly wrong with this TRIAL approach to updating.  It shows a complete disregard for my time and it fails all parameters for ease of use.  It is Draconian.  So many users are not technical and Adobe makes something so simple into a circus.  This is just a great way to lose sales, frustrate customers, lose reputation and otherwise show BAD or WORST practices.  It should be easy, it is not.  Am I not impressed?  I am highly technical and it is a total hassle to upgrade this way.

ADOBE, the user account profile could have a link (IF valid paying customer, then Allow the upgrade, Else show no upgrade) or the updater should notice that you are a paying customer and do the upgrade.  Point-click-install-done.  ADOBE, you can do so much better than the way you are failing now.  This is probably NOT the Adobe Captivate team, rather internal stupidity that makes it work this way.

Try another web browser.  I had no issue in CHROME.

Have you looked at the BOTTOM of your web-browser to see the download link?  Select Open in Folder if that is there.

Have you gone to your file manager (the manilla folder in the Windows taskbar) and navigated to the DOWNLOADS folder (probably under Local Disk C in the list on the left of the file manager).  The download might be in there if it worked.

Are you behind a corporate firewall?  That could block this.

Call Captivate Support: 800-833-6687 and they can walk you through some solutions.

Maybe Adobe will modernize this process and bring it forward like 25 years from where it is now?  Dreaming?

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link redirects to the 2017 trial - I interrupted the download as the file stated clearly 2017 in its file name - does someone has an alternative download link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted an alternative, look in the thread (ProDesignTools)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on an elearning development team. I have an older version of Captivate, but a team member has the 2019 version - I can't open her files. This is crazy that one version cannot open another, forcing us to all buy the same version. For the most part, we have moved our development over to H5P. It's free, and very user-friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's more crazy is that you would think file formats would never change between app versions enough to make it a problem opening files this way.

Captivate is BACKWARD compatible because new versions can open files from older versions (at least for several versions back) but is not FORWARD compatible because older versions of Captivate have NEVER been able to open files created in newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right, Rod : ). I had a moment of frustration and vented- sorry bout that. I'm better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does Adobe expect us to pay for a new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted this. I literally just bought 2017. I would have held off if I knew 2019 was coming. I'm going to need answers Monday from customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased the perpetual license there is usually a thirty day grace period where you can ask and receive the new version. Shambu Nashi can point you in the right direction. If you are on subscription just download the trial and login with your Adobe ID to activate 2019 with your account. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on subscription you will just need to sign in to 2019 with the same Adobe ID you used for 2017. No need to purchase a new subscription.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, even though it says 30 day trial, it's not actually a trial for those of us who have the monthly subscription, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not a trial if you logged in with same Adobe ID as for the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul.

Not sure if this is the elephant in the room, but updating to the latest version of 2019 (3) fails every time for me.

I have a solid internet connection, a valid subscription, and have not moved to Mac OS Catalina.

Tried it on desktop and laptop, no go.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are updating Captivate 2019 from an earlier dot.point version of Cp 2019, don't forget to reset your Preferences and Delete your Layouts folders before starting the app.  (If you don't know what this means, look for posts on this forum about it.  It's an important task that must be done with updating any version of Captivate.)

So, are you updating Cp 2019, or updating TO Cp 2019 from some earlier major version (e.g. Cp9 or Cp 2017)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources