Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to write script to show next button after selecting 3 correct answers

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Guys.

Need your advice about how to write the script on multiple choice. My scenario is to allow the learner to select more than 1 correct answer and the next button then appears. If the learner select 1 correct answer and the next button appear, the learner will go to the next slide. But there is 1 more correct answer for them to select. I have made trial and error to handle this issue but all I can do is to show the next button once the learner chooses 1 correct answer. Below is my conditional action script for you to consider.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Another correc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to need a more complex Conditional Action than this to achieve what you want.  You'll need a separate Decision Block for each possible permutation of answers.

You appear to have only three answers to choose from on the question (based on the fact that you have only three variables tracking what the learner selects). So, I am assuming that two of the three answers are correct and the third one is incorrect.  Is that so?

If I am correct, then you need to work out what should happen for each of these circumstances:

• The learner selects all threee answers.
  • The learner selects the incorrect answer and none of the correct answers.
  • The learner selects one of the correct answers as well as the incorrect answer. 
  • The learner selects just one of the correct answers (but no incorrect one).
  • The learner selects both of the correct answers.

Only if you know what should happen in each case will you then be able to design how the Conditional Action should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be easy, but from the script you are showing (do not know the Preview button for Advanced actions?) the setup is rather complicated and you don't explain the setup. Why do the answers have to be greater than 0, is this about number answers? 

It can be very complicated (see Rod's answer) or very simple.... depending on what exactly you want.

Simple: if yoy only want to realize that Next button appears after having selected three correct answers, and you are fine with disabling the shape button with the answer (I suspect that you use shape buttons for the answers), it can be done with one counter variable and a two-decision action for each correct button. However without more details about what you want, impossible to explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Lilybiri and RodWard

To answer your question. I have set up 4 choices for the learner to select and 3 of them are correct. If the learner select 1 or 2 correct answer, the next button won't appear til all 3 are selected.

Yes, I use shape button for the answer so can you help me to find out how to write "one counter variable and a two-decision action for each correct button".

Action script is very complicated to me and I would like to learn more to do it better so hopefully both of you won't bothered with my uncomfortable questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources