Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 - Browser Testing

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Captivate 2019 and will be converting Captivate 9 training from swf to HTML5.  We use Litmus as the LMS.  This is not responsive training.

I have been doing some reading and research to learn about the pitfalls to avoid.

What I would like to ask is whether I need to somehow test the modules in several different browsers (version of browsers) or should the LMS handle that?  Usually I will test in a couple of browsers using the LMS output, but didn't know if I should be even more diligent and try to test the modules themselves in different browsers?  And if so are there any services/websites I could  for that?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to test when uploaded to the LMS. I hope you know which browsers (and versions) are used by the learners. Reason: all browsers support HTML5 in a different way, there is NO standard like existed for SWF output. Thanks to that fruit company....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is for a client so I am in the process of gathering up what browsers they say we should support.

But I suspect that some will be older versions than what I have on my desktop.  I don't want to reinstall older browsers on my machine.  I know to test out websites there are some outside services where you can test the website on different browsers and operating systems using their machines.

I was wondering if anyone did that with LMS/Captivate HTML5 modules - especially as you said each browser can be so different...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources