Highlighted

HTML5 courses not playing on Safari

Explorer ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues playing courses on Safari? We publish our courses as SCORM - HTML5. It brings the course up but then it either won't play it or it starts to play it but only works intermittently.

Thanks in advance.

Arthur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HTML5 courses not playing on Safari

Explorer ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues playing courses on Safari? We publish our courses as SCORM - HTML5. It brings the course up but then it either won't play it or it starts to play it but only works intermittently.

Thanks in advance.

Arthur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use (complete number please)? Are you talking about a responsive or a non-responsive project? Do you see a play button?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Captivate 9.0.2.437. The project doesn't have any responsive components other than next and back buttons. All we see is the TOC, the pre-loader, and the play bar down below. But it won't go beyond that when we try it on Safari on a Mac. When i try it on Safari on an iPhone, it starts playing but then has other issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm you seem not to understand what I mean by a responsive project: was this developed with Breakpoint views? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what breakpoint views are. So I am guessing: no. We simply upload our powerpoint presentations and add audio and quiz questions.

Arthur

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you hosting your eLearning projects?  If all you are seeing is the leading image or just a blank screen with your playback you may not have your webserver or LMS set properly for Cp9.0.2. Ask your IT person if the JSON mime type has been enabled. If not it's a quick 2 minute fix (for an IT person).

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a 3rd party LMS called TalentLMS. I would assume they'd be up-to-date, but I will check with them to see if it is set properly. Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines