• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 output - drag and drop interactivity doesn't pause

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the drag n drop wizard to create an interaction in Captivate 2019. 

This interaction is for 1 attempt, where the drag source bounces back when not on the right drop target. 

Each drop target uses object actions set to No action.

The Pause After: time is set to 1.5 sec.

When I preview it regularly, it works fine. When I preview as HTML5 in Browser, it doesn't pause. Same with a published HTML5 version on the website - no pause.

What am I missing? I noticed a reference in another posting to uncheck the 'Continue playing the project' option - but I can't find that. I've used it before, but I can't find it now. 

I'm thinking this is a simply fix, but I can't figure it out. So all help is welcome!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the Submit button?  Is this D&D slide set up as a Knowledge Check slide or a scored slide?

Only for simple Object actions it is necessary to unceheck the option 'Continue Playing the Project'.  

Your sentence about 'preview regularly' is very confusing. If this is a non-responsive project it is necessary to use only F11, Preview HTML in Browser to see the correct functionality, because all other Preview methods use a SWF file. Something is really wrong in the setup. 

Which version are you using, full number please as mentioned under Help, About Captivate. Are you on Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Submit button. This is a knowledge check slide in a non-reponsive project - version 11.5.1.499, on Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, looks good. What is  the Success and Last Attempt action?  Sorry, the Last Attempt action is wrongly indicated as Failure action, which is the case for your setup which is with 1 attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both On Success: and On Failure: are set to Continue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still bit weird.  Since it is a KC slide, would increase the number of attempts. I use to set up the Go back for the drag actions always using Object actions. I do not know how you did set it up at all, but it looks like either the Success or the Last Attempt action is triggered. How did you set up the 'Go Back for wrongly dragged items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me be clear - when I say KC, it's not an official "Knowledge Check Slide" which has no drag n drop option, it's just a regular slide. And I do as you do for setting up the Go Back action on Object Actions. All drop targets look like this: 

zz_drop target Object Actions.png

What else can I show you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK - I decided to totally recreate the interaction using none of the pieces from the first one - and it worked!!!

Don't know why the first one didn't work - all settings mirror each other to the best of my knowledge. 

Thanks for mentoring me on this. `;o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources