• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 publish files using Captivate 2019 resized very small on screen

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone.  I'm publishing some WBTs using Captivate 2019 and the HTML5 setting (as opposed to video or executable).  When I play the resulting htm file on my computer, everything on screen is sized correctly.  Then when I copy the files to a shared drive so that my manager can review them, the resulting screen is sized very small -- perhaps a quarter of the size that it should be.  (Then I access the htm file on the shared drive and see the same thing.)  The navigation buttons all work, but given their size it's nearly impossible to click them, and we obviously don't want our trainees reading a very tiny size font for the lessons.  Any clues why this is happening, and/or a possible solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When your manager is running the published project, check that their zoom level is appropriate for their browser. For example, I often make my Chrome browser 120% which in my case makes everything extra large. If for some reason their settings are much lower it would affect the size of the project. Here's a tip, when you publish your project select HTML Scaling. This will shrink or increase your project to fill their browser screen no matter what size it might be.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it also possible that your manager has a high resolution monitor on his or her computer?

Check the settings under Windows > Display.  Your computer might be full HD 1920 x 1080 but the manager might have a much higher resolution monitor (e.g. 4K) which then means your content will look a lot smaller.

My current 15 inch laptop has a 3840 x 2160 pixel display.  That's about 4 times more pixels than HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure whether things like browser zoom level or display resolution differences explain what's going on here. I guess that JohnAtOtap accessed the HTML file from the shared drive on the same computer/display as he accessed the Cp module locally. Maybe the Cp module from the shared drive is forced (by some kind of default) into an iFrame and this has a smaller size than the screen resolution as a whole. It would be interesting to know what is seen around the quarter size Cp content. Is it just white or something else?

Klaus 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources