• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Publish to my PC = "Internal Error"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate v9. Windows 8. Full Admin user permissions.

Trying to create projects for mobile devices. 1 slide project with an image and text. Selecting  Publish to My Computer as HTML/SWF with Output Format: HTML5 results in " HTML Publish. Error(s) Internal Error. [OK]

Also error when trying to preview any and all slides: "Published failed".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure there are no unusual punctuation marks in the text in your project. This also applies to slide names and filenames you publish to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No punctuation marks anywhere.

Responsive Project

Preview (any #of slides) results in "Publish failed." Publish for Devices results in "HTML Publish: Error(s) Internal Error", then Adobe Captivate: "Publish failed."

Blank Project

Preview works. Publish To My Computer with Output Format: HTML5 results in same errors as a Responsive Project.

Projects have less than 5 slides and minimal text and images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Preview HTML in Browser work for normal projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. To date, no issues with other projects when viewing in browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange, it looks like HTML publishing is the issue, but you were able to Preview HTML in Browser (F11)? Are you sure because a temporary published file is then created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(F11) Responsive Project results in "Publish failed." message. Blank Project results in display in browser

New Responsive Project with 1 blank slide results in "Published failed." message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall then Reinstall

Set all Preferences to Local Drive - C:\users\myuserprofile

Responsive Project: 1 slide with 1 text caption. F11 = "Publish failed"

Blank Project: 800x600, 1 slide (blank) F11 = "Publish failed". Changed to 1024x627, same error

Saved Project: 1024x627. 26 slides with text, images, Kcheck slides. F11 = display in browser (no problemo)

Wait for Captivate v10?
O_o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you reinstalled, did you clean the preferences, the cache and delete the Layouts folder before reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted Adobe Support.

Work at a college on a networked PC. Though I have full admin permissions, when I install Captivate the Default File locations get set to network locations. Changing the locations to a local drive does not help.

Support says I need an IT admin to install so Default File locations are on a local drive.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my answer in your other thread.  Reinstalling won't change your default folder locations.  You need to do that via the Edit > Preferences dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it is just a video effect that does no longer work (ex: zoom effect). I had the same issue as yours, and deleted that effect, and could deploy my tutorial into HMTL.. so relieved !!! 10hours of work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very old thread, are you on an old version? In such a case it is better to start a new thread and mention the full version number you are using. It seems like you found the solution, but what exactly was that solution?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's an old one, because I am using Captivate 2019, I don't like the new version. 

The solution was: I deleted the zoom effect that I previously had on another tutorial, and it worked fine. Didn't want to open a new thread for something that was already brought up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also use CP2019 professionally, the new version is much too limited and misses many features.

The best version ever (I use CP since more than 2 decades) is one of the CP2019 releases: 11.5.5.553. Was that problem occurring in that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After being convinced it was a much bigger issue, to find a rogue punctuation mark caused this was a revelation!  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources