Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Tabbing Issue using Update 2 to CP2019

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I updated my Captivate to Update 2. A software simulation and test that was created with Update 1 no longer works with slides that have a Smart Shape and a TEB_Submit button that executes a Javascript and have a tab shortcut when previewed using Update 2 in both HTML5 and SCORM Cloud. When I updated to Update 2, I ensured that CpExtra was loaded into the index.html file. The simulation is a large program and we want to avoid having to reprogram it again. Has anyone else had this problem after going to Update 2. Just to note, when the other types of fields that had a tab shortcut worked fine in HTML5.

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using smart shapes instead of Text Captions in this software simulation? I'm not sure if this will solve what you are describing but I had Adobe solve a problem related to Software Simulation shortly after the update. If so please contact CaptivateHelp@Adobe.com about receiving a hotfix (patch) to resolve this issue. Also since you mentioned CpExtra you should make RodWard​ aware of this issue as it may be related to his widget.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Paul,

Apologize for the delay in responding to your email. Was out of office. In regards to your question, yes we are using smart shapes instead of text captions in the software simulation. We sent the project files to Adobe so they can see what the issue is. I will put a request to them to see if the hotfix (patch) will correct the issue. I will also contact Rod Ware. I will keep you updated about the outcome. It is good to know that we were not the only ones that had a problem after updating to 2.

Regards,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are using smart shapes instead of text captions in the software simulation. We sent the project files to Adobe so they can review and determine why we are having the tabbing issue with Update 2. I will put a request to them to see if the hotfix (patch) will correct the issue. I will also contact Rod Ware and make him aware. I will keep you updated about the outcome. It is good to know that we were not the only ones that had a problem after updating to 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hotfix is/was available in the eLearning Community, but cannot find it (search not very powerful). If you contact me by private message, can send it to you by mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri,

I sent the request to you.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We replaced the Capture.dll file in Captivate with the hotfix provided by Lieve and there was no change. The tab key was not being recognized. I provided images of how the TEB and TEB_Submit is set up in our program. It may assist in finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, worth trying, you'll be rid of another problem but not yours. Did you contact Tristan, concerning CpExtra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was worth a try. I did reach out to Tristan and Ron. Ron contacted me and he was said that Tristan will get back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, I meant Rod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sent a Hotfix yesterday. Unfortunately that did not solve our problem. As a backup we are using Advanced Actions, customized feedback captions, and micro-navigation. Everything seems to be working okay so far. The only issues are in the micro-navigation to resubmit the page so learner can retry entry. It is choppy and you can see flickering both when navigating from the previous slide or from a blank slide. The other issue is keeping the custom feedback viewable when the slide resubmitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joem,

This is not a solution for this particular problem but for the future.

NEVER upgrade software in the middle of a project.

The First Commandment - Never upgrade... Never upgrade...

You are dealing with the law of unintended consequences.

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello LuisXIV,

It wasn’t my intent. I changed office and in the process my computer crashed. IT reinstalled all the software on a new Motherboard. But because of that, that is how we discovered that there was a problem with the project with Update 2. Recognizing that Adobe will not always support Update 1 in the future, it was an alert for us when we have to do updates and maintenance.

joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Joe,

I understand, Things happen.

Always Backup the file, as daily routine.

To a different place than the computer that you are using.

eg myfile_2017.cptx or myfile_2019.cptx

Does not rely on the internal backup in Captivate.

You need a second backup. To the cloud, cd, thumb drive, etc..

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources