Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 TEB not storing in Variables

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've run into a fun new problem today. I'm updating a software simulation to HTML 5 and I'm having trouble identifying the reason my TEB won't write to the assigned variable. I've tried running tests and it seems the TEB is not writing to the variable no matter what I try.

I am running the cpExtra widget and using the xcmdnPreventTabOut so that tab can work as a submit button for the TEB. The entry into the TEB is stored in UserID. I then call this variable on the next slide, but it stays as null. Can someone help me out with potential issues of fixes?

Thanks in advance,

Jacob Strand

9-28-2018 11-52-01 AM.png 9-28-2018 11-52-17 AM.png 9-28-2018 11-52-24 AM.png 9-28-2018 11-52-44 AM.png

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

Can you confirm that the CpExtra widget is upgraded to the latest version (Of writing 1.4.1). You should be able to see it if you open the widget properties panel OR open the javascript file and look at the comment at the top.

If this still remains a problem while using the latest version, can you try turning on xprefTEBUpdateFromVariable (see help: Text Entry Box Behavior | Infosemantics Pty Ltd )

If it still doesn't work, please post here and I will get in contact with you to get a example file to test with.

Tristan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tristan,

Thank you for the prompt response. I am currently running 1.4.1. I also attempted to turn xprefTEBUpdateFromVariable to "true" but it still is not working.

Thank you,

Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

We have sent you a private message about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

We've checked your file but we see this issue with the TEB in your project regardless of whether CpExtra Widget is added into the project or not.

It may be that something has become corrupted in your file.

Could I ask you to do a test for us?  Please create a new CPTX file and insert a TEB onto the first slide.  Then insert a text caption with the TEB's associated variable inserted into that caption so that you can see the value of the variable.  Then publish this test file to HTML5 and see what happens.

When we do that in a test project in Cp 2017 or 2019 the associated variable immediately reflects the changes made in the TEB text, character by character as the learner types.  You can watch it happen in the text caption on the same slide.

This does not appear to be happening with your project file.  So we're trying to test whether or not it happens to all CPTX files on your computer, or only the one you sent us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

When I run that test in a new file, it does update immediately. I had thought another file had become corrupted when I first tried to switch and had this error. I started to rebuild the file, but ran into the same issue with this file at the same place on slide 6. I'm not sure what I'm doing that is causing the file to corrupt, but it was working perfectly in flash.

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when I test with deleting all the other slides in the project, the browser developer tools register an error every time I type into the box. The error originates from the primary Captivate javascript file. Looks like a bug in Captivate to me.

28-Sep-18 10-22-26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all the time, I don't suppose you would know a workaround or be able to advise me on how to continue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best suggestion would seem to be that you need to copy the slides from your current project into a new blank CPTX project file of the same dimensions.  When we copy paste your problem slide into a new project, then it seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources