Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 text entries not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've created a standard Captivate 9 file (non-responsive). Published out as HTML5, works fine on my laptop but the second i try this on my iphone or ipad the text i'm typing in the text entry box isnt showing. I type and its like its transparent, if i then try to delete the 'transparent' text i can then type text and see it. So initially the field seems to be transparent.

Anyone come across this issue ? Its a 'standard' text entry interaction where they have to click on a field after they've typed the right answer. But its strange i cant see the text being input unless i delete and then type it a second time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put this CSS in the head of the index.html page, or at the bottom of the CPLibraryAll.css. If you put it in the CSS file. do NOT use the <style> and </style> tags :

<style>

input, input:before, input:after{

-webkit-user-select:initial !important;

-khtml-user-select:initial !important;

-moz-user-select:initial !important;

-ms-user-select: initial !important

}

</style>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton. I'll try this out shortly

I created a brand new file with a text entry and it worked fine on an ipad so perhaps somehow mine got 'corrupt' at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens all the time on iPads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Did you ever find a solution to this? Did inserting the above code into the html file work? I am having a similar issue with text entered not showing up on an iPad until after another button is clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources