• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Tracker and transitions

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm preparing several courses for the transition from SWF to HTML5. For that purpose, I'm using the HTML5 Tracker dialog to identify features that rely on Flash so that I can reprogram them to use HTML5 features. In a project, HTML5 Tracker is complaining about unsupported slide objects on a number of slides with the message "Slide Transition (Use No Transition). 

HTML5Tracker1.jpg

These transitions are associated with shapes, and are simply set to "fade in/fade out", or in some cases, "fade in only"

HTML5Tracker2.jpg

I'm confused about a couple of things here:

1. I'm getting this message in regard to applying these transitions to shapes on several slides; however, I use the exact same feature on other slides, and get to warning about them.

2. I'm publishing to HTML5 and in the result, when posted out on our LMS, the transitions seem to work JUST FINE!

Given the fact that everything's still basically working, it appears that I can just ignore the warning. However, I'd like to understand why the heck I'm getting the warning, and get some reassurance that it's OK. And I'd also like to understand why I only get this on some slides that use the feature, and not others.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Slide transitions are indeed not supported. Transitions on objects are supported, they can even be included in the Object style. If you are sure not to have any slide transitions, please check by using F11, Preview HTML in Browser. If everything looks OK, ignore the signals from the Tracker. It is not perfect, you can have issues which are not reported neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typo. Meant to say: "I'm getting this message in regard to applying these transitions to shapes on several slides; however, I use the exact same feature on other slides, and get NO warning about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide transitions are indeed not supported. Transitions on objects are supported, they can even be included in the Object style. If you are sure not to have any slide transitions, please check by using F11, Preview HTML in Browser. If everything looks OK, ignore the signals from the Tracker. It is not perfect, you can have issues which are not reported neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOOOOHHH! "Slide transitions"! I honestly didn't even realize I had slide transitions set on a few slides, and I don't know how I got them. There's my answer! Thanks so much for the speedy reply and solution! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is in a word.... especially in Captivate with its myriad of terms. That was an easy answer. Can you mark a correct answer since your problem has been understood?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, done. You are my hero -- again! :>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources