• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink button disappeared

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having a related problem with Captivate 2019, 11.0.0.243 (Latest version as of 1 May 2019): the Character formatting option to insert a hyperlink has disappeared.  I used to find it next to the & and the .  Captivate was also hanging a lot, so I tried reinstalling, which didn't fix this.  What am I doing wrong here?

Image.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Will try to help you. First of all, you are not using the most recent version of CP2019. Present version is 11.0.1.266. The patch was released in the last quarter of 2018. Install it using Help, Updates.

If you are a Win user make sure that you run CP with the setting 'Run as Administrator'.

Dlear the cache as well (Preferences has a button to do so). Clean the preferences, use the CleanPreferences... file which you find in the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will branch your thread to a new one. This thread is over 5 years old, quite a lot has changed in Captivate since that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try to help you. First of all, you are not using the most recent version of CP2019. Present version is 11.0.1.266. The patch was released in the last quarter of 2018. Install it using Help, Updates.

If you are a Win user make sure that you run CP with the setting 'Run as Administrator'.

Dlear the cache as well (Preferences has a button to do so). Clean the preferences, use the CleanPreferences... file which you find in the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved now.  Thank you!  My guess is that either clearing the cache or CleanPreferences fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I don't know how long it would have taken me to find this solution on my own.  I *really* appreciate @Lilybiri's help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that appreciation.  Makes my day, especially when you have gotten some insults as well for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources