Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink not working (text caption)

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I've inserted a hyperlink against a text caption (see below image) and it's unresponsive on click. Even when you hover over the hyperlinked text, the cursor doesn't change - it acts like there's no link. I have tested in preview and uploaded to LMS.

However, when you move your mouse down the page a little (to the text 'and information you must understand'), the cursor changes AND I'm able to click and open the link. It's as if the link positioning has been moved down the page.

I know that I could add a shape - but as the project is responsive, the shape just gets pushed all over the page as you change the screen size.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix, that'd be great.

I use Adobe Captivate 2017.

link-issues.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a responsive project, developed with  Fluid Boxes, correct?

How did you set up the FB with that text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a responsive project developed with fluid boxes.

I just double clicked in the fluid box and added text.

Is this helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm…. that sentence is puzzling 'I just double-clicked in a Fluid Box and added text'. That is not possible: you can add a text container to a Fluid box: that container can be a shape or a caption, but a Fluid Box itself is not a text container. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy and paste the content to a new slide, does it still have the issue? If so, can you create a single-slide project and share it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a text caption. I double click in the text caption and type.

I have tried fully recreating the page and the issue still occurs. It occurs when I create the page in another file entirely as well.

I'm hoping that the below link to a SCORM cloud file of just the one page with the issue works. Please let me know if not.

https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/InvitationConfirmEmail?publicInvitationId=915e9098-5798-47ec-8349-4db2d27...

Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me the project file? I want to play around with it a little bit. I definitely see the problem in your example

- cooperjkyle@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle,

I have sent you the project file Thanks again for your help.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

It looks like you are not the only one with this problem (https://elearning.adobe.com/discussion/2440753/), and I think it is a bug to be honest. Based on what I've found around the web, no one really has a good answer as to why this is happening.

However, I do have a decent workaround that I don't think will change the feel of your course or the experience for your learners. In order for the hyperlink to work, it needs to be the only text in your text caption. So I created 3 text captions within the fluid box and then the middle text caption had the hyperlink. Below I have posted an example of how you can make the hyperlink work.

example-page

I've submitted a bug to Adobe. If I get a response worth sharing I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help!

For some reason the linked file appears to be one text caption, but Ill try to split the fluid box in to three text captions and hopefully that'll work nicely. It didn't even occur to me!

Hopefully Adobe fix the bug - it's a pretty bad one not to be able to link!

Thanks again for your help.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmm... That's odd. Maybe I attached the wrong file or saved the wrong file or something. Glad you got the gist of it though. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources