Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hyperlinks to an internal PDF for remediation purposes-----captivate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know you can embed links from an exterior website into a slide for remediation purposes. However, I have a pdf file (not published on the web)with built-in hyperlinks that I would like to use for remediation. Can I "pack" the pdf into the captivate project file and use the pdf links in the same way I would with an external website link? If so, how? I would rather not split up the PDF and build 650 content slides if I can avoid it.  Thanks!

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are going to need more information on the design of your project.  The PDF file with links, if you are using internal captivate quiz slides or your own custom slide to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I am building a test prep quiz including either internal captivate quiz slides or knowledge check slides(I'm deciding which will work best). When the answer given is incorrect, I would like to use the hyper linked pdf for remediation allowing the user to review the pdf and return to the question.  I understand how to do this if the pdf is located on an external website, but this pdf is not. Can I place the pdf inside the project and link back to it using the same method as you would an external hyperlink? If so, how?

I am working with 650 quiz slides and a 261 page pdf that I would rather not break up into individual content slides if possible.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Advanced Actions

'Open file'?

Place your file inside your SCORM project After you exported it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can even link to a specific page 

filename.pdf#page=64

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great idea. I will try that. Thank you! You've saved me a lot of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on the most recent version, it will probably not be necessary to insert the pdf in the zipped SCO, because Captivate will take of that, check it out. I wanted to answer this question but after double-checking if the links in the pdf are functional and you are not kicked out of the quiz scope.  The learner will for sure not be able to retry the question after this kind of remediation workflow. 

Just some reasons why I didn't answer without checking, and have been too busy yesterday to find time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources