• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I altered quiz default buttons and can't change them back

New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow, as I was trying to change the style of my quiz default buttons, I managed to change the default settings for the Normal, Rollover & Down defaults, and I can't correct them. My "Submit" button changes to "Back" on rollover. I thought for each of the buttons in Quizzing Objects, I could set the defaults by applying my choice to each one, but when I try that, they become global choices for all the other Buttons (image attached). Anyone have suggestions for how to fix this or get back to Captivate's default settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Screenshot is very tiny, but I suspect you show the Object Style Manager. I cannot see what you did to change the style.

In most themes all Quiz buttons use the same Defautl Quiz Button Style, which is a transparent button. What did you want to change? Did you switch to another type of button? You cannot use a shape button for a quiz button, but it could be a Text button or an Image button style.

Sorry about the last question: you would have to re-apply the original theme. I suspect that you didn'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot is very tiny, but I suspect you show the Object Style Manager. I cannot see what you did to change the style.

In most themes all Quiz buttons use the same Defautl Quiz Button Style, which is a transparent button. What did you want to change? Did you switch to another type of button? You cannot use a shape button for a quiz button, but it could be a Text button or an Image button style.

Sorry about the last question: you would have to re-apply the original theme. I suspect that you didn't save as a custom theme but did edit the present Captivate theme.  That means it has been changed in Public documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Layouts. The original theme is in the subfolder Layouts  in the Gallery under the installation folder of Captivate. Save the present theme you are using under another name if you want to keep some changes, copy the original theme to the Layouts folder under Public documents and apply the original theme: master slides are part of the theme, as are the Object styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lilybiri - Yes, that's the Object Style Manager, and I also changed the quiz defaults to Image buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my question about the Theme? Either you edit the style again and switch back to the Transparent button style which was originally the type, or you have to replace the theme by the original theme as I described above in my previous answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry, regarding themes, I was overlaying our company's designs on a blank theme to create a template of sorts. I see what you're talking about now and where I can restore the defaults for themes. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, for those who find themselves in a similar situation, the way I was able to fix the button defaults on rollover and down was in the states view, then I saved changes to existing style (which was a clone for each quiz button).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources